Forgot your password?

Unstoppable

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10140
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.

My wife and I watched the newly released Unstoppable film last Friday night, starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. The movie was inspired by the real-life 2001 unmanned train incident in Ohio.

As expected, they took quite a few liberties in making the movie. Nonetheless, it was fun to watch. Predictable, but enjoyable. The extreme digital (XD) experience at the theater we went to made it all the better.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10140
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I resent being described as having a massive seat.  I rode a train to Rhode Island, once.  It took about a day, as in 24 hours.  On the way back we located the bar car, which was better.  I was out of control on it, but the train stayed on the tracks ok.  I think the bathroom was the most peculiar thing, besides sleeping in a sport coat.  I enjoy Denzel, and always find him on target.  We got that movie of him as the gangster drug runner and Russell Crowe as the good guy cop.  Beats Mel Gibson...
If Hearst Castle is white, it would be one giant...
Ace; if you wear the glasses I'm 3D.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10140
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

When I saw the title "Unstoppable" I thought a spammer snuck in an ad about Imodium-AD. Then I saw it was Ace talking about his seat and bathrooms. I hope he already took the Imodium, since we're currently lacking a janitor. There's a good reason not to sleep in bathrooms.  ::)

I too like Denzel. He's the man. I'm gonna have to look up the gun runner thing, as I don't know what the heck you're typing about.

I'm a fan of Tommy Lee Jones, as well as Robert Duvall. They were excellent in Lonesome Dove.

Scuzzy; I'm holding out for the sequel: Unpluggable

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

It figures I'd stumble into a movie review of one I haven't seen...  The gangster one was "American Gangster."  I probably could have guessed the title if I waited long enough, but instead I went downstairs and looked at the box.  Now I'm back, if anyone wonders where I was.

I'm sure I'd much prefer the new runaway train movie than having Keanu Reeves monotone his way through a runaway bus. 

I still think Michael Jackson was the father of Sandra Bullock's baby.  Or Gary Coleman was his son.  One of the two, if I remember Entertainment Tonight correctly.  Anyway, they sure don't make movies like they used to.  Now they're in color, and they have sound.

Ace; I wear glasses, but not like I want to.  Who in the world would want to wear glasses when they don't need to, for "3-D"...

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10140
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I'm a Netflix fan and I'm considering moving to their streaming only option. That means I won't get some newer flicks, at least not right away.

I'll have to get the gangster flick while I'm still on their fool plan.

I completely forgot about the runaway bus movie. I was happy that I forgot it. I don't know why you felt the need to bring it up.

I remember singing along to ABC, Ben, Dancing Machine, and other MJ songs. Good thing nobody heard me.

Scuzzy; at least I don't think anyone heard me.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

I like watching movies with Denzel, the ones that he plays the bad guy in are just as good as when he plays the hero. Training day was enjoyable and he was a really bad guy in that one.

The Taking of Pelham 123, was another good one with trains.

I doubt I'll see the new one until it's out on disk, getting burnt out on going to the theater. Seems like there is just too many folks that either talk or make some other distractions during the show.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6831
Report to moderator

Not to mention the dang outrageous ticket costs!
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10140
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I really don't care for the theater all that much, either. It is for the most part not enjoyable anymore. The screens, the sound systems, seats, etc. are fantastic in the local theaters. But the people who make up the crowd make it very undesirable.

I'm am sick of the noisy idiots who can't keep their stupid feet off of the seats, and who have no problem trashing up the place. It also seems impossible to sit somewhere where I don't to put up with out-of-control kids.

If I do go, I much prefer going in the early afternoon on a weekday. Otherwise, it is so much more enjoyable watching a movie at home.

Mark H

xTreme Poaster
Posts 3501
Report to moderator

• "H" is for handy

I saw the movie during opening weekend and thought it was pretty good. I love Denzel Washington in movies. I think he is one of the better actors in Hollywood.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.