Date: 17 January 21, 07:05 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

iTunes and ringtones??

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6729
Report to moderator

I have been trying to use Zedge to install a scottish bagpipes ringtone on the Apple 12.  Zedge somewhere suggested I first need to upload the ringtone to my computer and iTunes to be able to load the phone???

I think you mentioned this process and being unhappy about it, but I think you did it.
I have installed iTunes and am about to try and find the ringtone in question but I am lost with using iTunes from here.
Suggestions or guidance please??

Edit: I found the ringtone and downloaded it, it shows as an MP3 file?  But not within iTunes, its in a download folder.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10011
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.

There was a difficult process involved in installing custom ringtones that I created. I first had to install iTunes on my computer, and then had to use the Garage Band app on my phone, which required a complicated step-by-step process... for each individual ringtone. The process was limiting, stressful and upsetting.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the process. Each time I had to read and follow the instructions that I found through Google, and I have no clue where I found those instructions. No doubt there are other helpful sites available.

I never used Zedge, but I'm thinking since it's a ringtone app you might get away with not having to use Garage Band. But don't quote me on that, as I have no experience. I think my daughter uses Zedge on her iPhone, but she's currently at work. I'll ask when she gets home tonight.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10011
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10011
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

UPDATE AGAIN: In reading through the instructions, the author uses the iPhone's playlist to get a song for the ringtone. That explains why iTunes is not required. However, iTunes is required to move any song from a Windows computer to an iPhone, which puts you right back at Square 1. The only workaround to iTunes that I am aware of is to use a Mac computer.

I absolutely hated having iTunes on my Windows computer, and I immediately deleted that miserable beast upon transferring my iPhone to my daughter.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10011
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Update yet again...

Per my daughter, she said Zedge does not work on iPhone. She purchases her ringtones directly from Apple. This means that your only options are to either purchase a ringtone from Apple, or go through the iTunes / Garage Band headache.

Sorry I don't have better news.