Date: 27 January 21, 06:47 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

A new Ride! NOT

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6742
Report to moderator

Tomorrow I take delivery of a 2021 KIA Soul in the brightest red I've ever seen, called Inferno Red (blues and grays get a bit boring.) A neat little car. It seems fairly preppy with electronic steering, 2 liter, 4 cylinder engine, auto trans and every feature that I currently use. Albeit some of them are not completely motorized or electronic. The only one I think maybe a PITA is the rear hatch is manual, easy to open and close but nonetheless. This deal is pretty decent, the trade in value for the Terrain ($9500) leaves the bottom line OTD price at $9500, including DMV and state tax costs and fees.
https://www.kia.com/us/en/soul/gallery.exterior

Nothing really the matter with the GMC Terrain other than it's approaching 8 years old and in the next month will need 4 new tires and brakes.  At 56,000 miles it has a few rattles that we can't track down and it is becoming difficult to get in and out for George and I, let alone after Karen recovers from her Knee surgery.

After we moved here we bought 2  Hyundais, both of which we liked so I have some positive experience with the Korean car industry.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10028
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.

Very nice! No doubt you'll be pleased with your new car. It looks like there's a platform for wireless phone charging?

The Korean car industry has come very far since my days in South Korea in the later half of the Seventies. Kia itself has made impressive improvements, and if I had an extra dime I wouldn't think twice about picking up a Kia Telluride. If I had an extra dime, that is. Lol

Before my Mom passed away, she drove a 2007 Kia Sportage for 13 years. Aside from regular maintenance, the car never gave her the slightest problem.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6742
Report to moderator

Second test drive this morning, about 15 miles.  Glad I did that, big disappoint with amenities that I didn't pay too much attention to the first time. Driver seat felt like a board after 10 minutes.  Stereo very tinny, got worse as volume increased.  I found it easy to get it, uncomfortable getting out.  I am certain I will be unhappy with manual hatch opening, and of all things, gas pedal is too short, my foot slipped off 4 or 5 times on a short drive.

I have decided to invest what's needed in the Terrain and enjoy the luxury I already own.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10028
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.

I hate to hear that, but I'm glad you caught it before buying. Good for you for taking the initiative of a second test drive.

I'm one of those types who keeps his old car maintained and running as long as reasonably possible. My 2005 RAV4 has 175k miles on it, and I figure it's probably good for another 175k.

Scuzzy; more or less.